Environment Probe

SlipperyBrick

I have a whole house level mapped out in Leadwerks and I was wondering, for the Environment Probe's could I get away with having one probe encompass my whole level?

Or should I have a probe for each room scaled to fit that room from wall to wall and floor to ceiling?

My level is pretty big it's a full house with 4 floors (basement, first floor, second floor and attic). Would one probe not be enough and would a probe per room be too much?

I think you need one per room because the reflections that you see bouncing 'back' of the probe box are what would have hit that box from the central location of the box (er...I think). So if you're in a room but the box doesn't match the room (I usually have the box just penetrating the walls etc - don't know if that is optimal) you're probalby going to see something which doesn't match up with what you should see reflected there. I think if you have an open area you can probably have multiple probes and in that case it might work to have a large encompassing one and maybe that sort of takes over when the if you aren't currently in a more localised one but I've not really checked that out so I'm just guessing.