LUA engine_const what and how?

Chiblue

I am finally working through building my collision controls into editor so I can use LUA to control the collisions of my entities...

I have been looking at the engine_const script and are a little confused... can someone explain how these are used and why they are there, they do not represent enttiy types, I understand that these are used to define what gets rendered in the scene, but can we add our own, how are these attributed to the entities and is there a entity key for these constants?

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Every model that has a script has a Physics tab in the properties. You can see the collision types defined there. You can define your own manually in a script with EntityType().

Yes I have changed the collisino types which seem to be working, but there is the engine_const and these are not the same as he collision types... I see that these are used for rendering, but how do they get assigned to the entity?

ENTITY_MESH=1
ENTITY_EMITTER=2
ENTITY_MODEL=4
ENTITY_BODY=8
ENTITY_TERRAIN=16
ENTITY_BONE=64
ENTITY_CAMERA=128
ENTITY_CORONA=256
ENTITY_LISTENER=1024
ENTITY_PIVOT=2048
ENTITY_MESHLAYER=4096
ENTITY_POINTLIGHT=8192
ENTITY_SPOTLIGHT=512
ENTITY_DIRECTIONALLIGHT=16384
ENTITY_VEGETATION=32768
ENTITY_ALL=ENTITY_MESH+ENTITY_EMITTER+ENTITY_MODEL+ENTITY_TERRAIN+ENTITY_BODY+ENTITY_BONE+ENTITY_CAMERA+ENTITY_CORONA+ENTITY_POINTLIGHT+ENTITY_SPOTLIGHT+ENTITY_DIRECTIONALLIGHT+ENTITY_LISTENER+ENTITY_PIVOT+ENTITY_MESHLAYER
ENTITY_RENDERABLE=ENTITY_VEGETATION+ENTITY_MESH+ENTITY_TERRAIN+ENTITY_CORONA+ENTITY_EMITTER+ENTITY_SPOTLIGHT+ENTITY_POINTLIGHT+ENTITY_MESHLAYER

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..