..how LE processing skinning if..

Naughty Alien

..lets assume that we have 1 character (no attached meshes, its one solid mesh)..now..lets say that given character mesh has 4 textures used for it..

1) Hair only texture

2) Skin only texture

3) Cloth only texture

4) Metal cover over boots (or anything what is metal, armor, etc, doesnt matter)

Now..character is properly unwrapped and each texture is assigned to specific part of character mesh so its all fine..now..having in mind given situation, with given 4 different textures used, we have also 4 materials with different settings, but each of those 4 materials has to have skinning enabled...so, im wondering, since character is animated, and yet given materials covering only specific parts of character mesh, does this means that regarding hardware skinning, that mesh will be more expensive for processing on GPU (skinning) than same character but unwrapped for 1 texture, and used only 1 material for it??

Reason why im asking this is something i came across with Phyre rendering engine, where in such situations, doesnt matter how many different materials you attach to one animated mesh, long as it is same Bone structure, so its not affecting skinning processing time..im wondering how that works with LE, low down on GPU..im trying to make my LE_Spit module but i need this info for sake of proper introduction in to 'translate' layer..