Centering 3D gismo in object?

Deadlyforce

I made an alien in MakeHuman, animated it and exported using Blender.

I imported the alien into Leadwerks and all is good but two things.

The 3D things to move it around (What is it called?) is about 3 feet in front of the alien.

How do I move it to the center of the alien?

Another thing is where the 3D gismo to move the alien is like stuck there when I run the game.

I run the game, alien is walking, 3D gismo can't be seen but I can't walk there. It's like an invisible box.

It does not move with the alien just where it was when fist running the game. It's odd.

Thanks all for the help.

Thanks guys. Got it to do it in Blender just fine. Easier than I thought it was going to be.

But, yes a but. Where the 3D gizmo starts when I run the game is acting like an invisible box that does not stay with the character as the character walks and I can walk through the character. Any thought?

A picture would help us understand what you are talking about... or better yet, attach the model in question. But if I had to guess, you exported out some of the blender gizmos along with the model. You need to remove those before exporting.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Yes the character moves across the floor. Why would I want the character to stand there with walking animation?

I'm think I get where you are going with this. The character would then be stuck with the 3D gizmo but then how do I make it move across the floor like it's walking that way?

The character needs to stand in one place because animation in leadwerks has nothing to do with character navigation / movement. Basically you are just synching animation with moving the character via SetInput / GoToPoint / Follow commands, so the character needs to stay in one spot when the animations run. For reference, look at the inherent crawler model in the Model Editor and play its animations. Then look at the MonsterAI.lua script to see that actual movement of the crawler through the world is separate from the animation.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

After hours of searching the web on how to do it in Blender with no luck at all and playing with BVHacker I got it figured out and OMG I laughed.

I loaded the BVH file into BVHacker and with ONE click on the "Clamp to Channel" X axis it was done.

Saved file, loaded into Blender with character and exported.

Imported into game and now character walks in place and collision.

If someone that knew how to do this and was watching over my shoulder, they would be laughing their *** off at me.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Upvote 1