Noob with a couple question. Edit: Added video

Deadlyforce

First question:

In the terrain editor,can you delete a single tree, bush? Not sure how you can pick one tree to delete it. Also, when you are painting the terrain and change your mind or make a mistake, how do you delete the path of that paint? It remembers what you did so you can change the texture but I want to delete completely what I painted in an area.

Second question:

I made a simple box/building with one door. All walls and ceiling overlap and the entire box is a little in the ground but I'm getting some light in the corners.

I thought maybe the door so I put a wall across the door but still get lights in the corners.

When I back away the light grows and when I walk toward the light it fades then goes away the closer I get to it.

I"m trying to make a completely dark room then I can add some faint light in it.

What could be the source of the light?

Thanks for the help.

Video of my issue. It has something to do with directional light I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E_3rtqHeeQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Deadlyforce

Are you using a directional light? Unless you need it, I would delete it. If you need it, the you can try different settings for your lights - static vs dynamic

It is directional light. I have tried different settings but don't really know what I'm doing. When I delete it it's dark both outside and inside. I just want it dark inside.

Which brings up another question.

When I delete the light, it's not completely dark inside. I can still see.

I suspect this is to do with engine optimizations.

Entities in your scene have a view distance setting, so maybe try to increase this to infinite on some of your walls and floor and see if that makes a difference.

And also increase it on your light.

Actually, more likely to be the case is the shadow draw distance. The darkness is simply a shadow cast on your room, so the shadows will only appear at a certain distance.

Increasing the Light Quality will likely solve this issue.