SSLR Shader?

MadCat

If you click the root in your scene panel, you will see some settings. Post processing effects is one of them. This is where you add your effects. As far as I know, you need to add the .lua version of the shader, not the .shader file.

It sounds like there is also a custom shader for the material, but I don't know for sure until I try to use it myself.

I've looked through everything and the is only a sslr.shader file can not find any sslr.lua file

I tried what you said, but it did nothing

It seems the 2 guys who made this shader don't respond to help with something they made, or give any instructions on how to use it

So you need Photoshop to use the SSLR shader

It would be nice to know that you need to spend almost $1K on a program to use a free shader

This is probably why the guys that made this shader don't answer any messages and give advice

If this is the case I suggest that the shader is removed becos you can't use it unless you buy Photoshop

In other words I'm saying this is a $1K shader

So you need Photoshop to use the SSLR shader

It would be nice to know that you need to spend almost $1K on a program to use a free shader

This is probably why the guys that made this shader don't answer any messages and give advice

If this is the case I suggest that the shader is removed becos you can't use it unless you buy Photoshop

In other words I'm saying this is a $1K shader

Yes the shader is definitely worth $1K - Igor and shadmar did a great job. smile.png

But you don't need Photoshop - just the ability to add an alpha channel to any of your custom textures you are making. There are tons of free or cheap programs out there that can do this - Gimp is one of them.

So any texture with an alpha channel, saved as *.tex file with a compression that supports alpha transparency (DXT3, DXT5, uncompressed, etc) will reflect in your scene if you add the sslr.shader as a posteffect.

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Hi Macklebee

The link you gave, the guy used Photoshop to get it to work, Photoshop is a $1000 progarm

And no I don't thing this shader is worth anything close to $1K

The add only says in the description "Screen-Space Local Reflections"

Nothing about using any other programs to get it to work

If you going to put something on that needs other programs to work say so and what programs to use

Not just a description of what it is

Tell us how to use it

Also when people ask for help? answer them

I spent close to 2 hours trying to get this shader to work be cos there is no instructions on how to do so

Asking for help getting no answers from the makers

You say they did a great job? but how dose is work? there are no instructions

Leadwerks is my first real game engine and so far everything is pretty much easy to use bar the SSLR shader

Please don't take this as being rude

Just frustrated

Isn't this a Leadwerks shader?

made in Leadwerks for Leadwerks?

although the description doesn't say anything

I finely got an answer from 1 of the makers

But basically all he said was "

Hi. I have no way to verify the shader in the new version of the engine. The shader works as a post effect. Read the first to comment from Shadmar"

You can't expect everything to work out of the box. Some assets require some work to setup for your specific need. And it is a free asset, so don't expect the creator to keep it up to date and provide a detailed documentation. I'm just grateful that they put this out for people to use freely. If this was a paid asset on the other hand, I would expect them to help out.

I'm going to install this shader and try to help you out. I'll do my best to understand it and help you use it.

• Upvote 1

I've attached some images that will help to setup the shader. Keep in mind that some materials, such as ones with lots of bumpiness will show less reflection, as they are not flat.

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Edit: And I didn't even need photoshop or GIMP, or any other software to use it.

post-9910-0-06451500-1454315584.png

post-9910-0-18639600-1454315598.png

• Upvote 1

Try creating a new project and follow these steps:

1. Create empty project.

2. Create a floor.

3. Create a box on the foor.

4. Apply the default grass material to both.

5. Set the grass material's diffuse alpha to 0 (the 4th value)

6. Download the SSLR shader.

7. Add the shader to the scene root.

If that doesn't work, then something is wrong, because I did just that and it works fine.

And make sure to pan the camera in different angles, as it's only visible in certain angles.

• Upvote 1