Beginners Basic Makehuman Character Animation

SpEcIeS

Since I am very new to this game engine, and game development in general, I am having great difficulties making a character, designed with Makehuman and exported via Blender, work properly, or at all.

So far I have tried many different avenues of animation, but have resulted with failure. The basic character works as expected in Blender, but when placed in Leadwerks the animation has a static shadow (iron cross position), even though dynamic is selected, and will only show one section of the body material. The majority of the body is invisible.

Are there any step-by-step tutorials on how to make animations work Leadwerks, and/or would someone be willing to step me through this process?

SpEcIeS

1) Did you tested your animation in blender and you sure that all vertexes assigned right?

2) You have to texture model in Leadwerks with special shaders to make animations work.

Just assign or create a material using the /Shaders/Model/Animation/diffuse.shader and apply to the model and your animation will play.

I am not silly. My english is just not really great. T_T

But I'm learning! :D

Thank-you for the feed back. ;) It would seem that I did not have the textures setup correctly and applied collision physics to the model, as I did not have the Physics Mode setup correctly on the model. This ended up messing up the textures. Also, as Nexerade pointed out, I did not have the animated shaders applied on a clean model. They were applied, but after the I added physics to the model and the textures were corrupted up. This did not help at all. lol

The Jorn Theunissen vidoes are excellent, and I have been working through them, thank-you AggrorJorn making that note.

So far the models works as expected, but I am researching Blender in order to have a greater understanding about models,rigging, and bvh files.

Thank-you for the feed back. ;) It would seem that I did not have the textures setup correctly and applied collision physics to the model, as I did not have the Physics Mode setup correctly on the model. This ended up messing up the textures. Also, as Nexerade pointed out, I did not have the animated shaders applied on a clean model. They were applied, but after the I added physics to the model and the textures were corrupted up. This did not help at all. lol

The Jorn Theunissen vidoes are excellent, and I have been working through them, thank-you AggrorJorn making that note.

So far the models works as expected, but I am researching Blender in order to have a greater understanding about models,rigging, and bvh files.

SpEcIeS