Completely new to LE and Lua

Jewishfalafel

Hi, I am completely new to LE and Lua and I am looking for a good place to start. I figured i should probally learn Lua before I even start on LE.

I am looking to see if anyone has any websites for knows a good place for me to get started at Lua and LE.

I also have another question, How do I give my player a gun? I created a test world and and have not figured out how to give my player the basic gun/Pistol.

Thanks in advance!

When I've started, I first did

. While doing the series, you should keep open the official guide page as well as the official documentation page and consult it when need be.

If you do not know anything about Lua, but know the programming, check first two tutorials on Lua on the official tutorials' page suggested by Josh and, eventually, give a go to the first chapter of the Programming in Lua. And if you are completely new to programming, then you'll have to find some good Lua starter book for non-programmers or at least a decent and comprehensive tutorial.

Although the official site probably does not lack any information that you will ever need, you'll have to know exactly what you are looking for and where to find it (approximately smile.png ).

LE is a very intuitive and elegant framework, and easy to use (at least easier than any other engine I've used so far, and I've tested every major 3D framework), but you'll have to learn the basics of 3D math and basics of LE first. A decent LE getting started guide (with 3D math simplifications maybe and a comprehensive Lua tutorial), official or not official, does not exist yet and, I think, that it would be more than welcome.

• Upvote 1