new Lua editor test

Rick

So I've recently discovered node-webkit and thought I'd give a crack at making a code editor that could be used with LE (and ideas for editors that have leadwerks 3D aspects later). This editor runs on linux, windows, & mac and only has 1 code base for the editor code itself. Personally I think this could solve a lot of editor issues with LE that we seem to have and simplify the process for Josh. One could hire any web developer off the streets to create whatever look and feel one would want. It could open up the door for easy plugins as well. I just think this has some cool possibilities myself. I think node-webkit is the future in desktop development.

The OS has just been made irrelevant wink.png

(that's my tag line for node-webkit smile.png )

post-112-0-16783700-1425669787_thumb.jpg

http://youtu.be/r7xIDoMH-4c

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I identify the editor as just an id on a div and the code is text inside the div (that's how I do it anyway). Which for sure would be the issue. I'm not sure if there is some ace javascript function that I can add the code to that would clean it up for displaying. I'm guessing there is a way to do that. Haven't looked into it yet.

Found how to set the code via the api and now the bug is gone. Next steps:

1. Fill out the menu design

2. Console/warning/error tabs in lower panel

3. Track changes (show * in tab of file)

4. Save, Save As, Save All

5. Delete files

6. Enable debugging (this will be the hardest part of the entire thing I think)
  7. Autocomplete
  8. Function parameters