[Help - C++] Add hook for every entity

Rastar

I would like to have a hook function getting called for every entity in the scene, without explicitly registering it for every entity. There is a hook in the Map::Load function, but my guess is that would not work for dynamically created entities (?)

Is there a method for that?

Hi Roland, thanks for answering! Yes, that should work for entities loaded with the map, but I would also like to hook into events for dynamically created entities. And since I am writing some sort of generic, reusable C++ library that doesn't know about entity creation by other parts of the code, I cannot simply hard-code a hook registration after e.g. a call to Model::Create(). So I was looking for a possibility to generically hook into events for any entity, not just map-based ones. I would like to write some information about every entity in the scene after it has been rendered (using DrawHook) into GPU buffers, for later usage in the post-processing.

Is there such a registration call? I am thinking of something like World::EntityInstantiatedHook (which obviously doesn't exist).

I think you'd have to loop over the world->entities list to get all entities loaded (this will be via the map or manual load it doesn't matter. if it got loaded and a world was created it'll be part of that world). So basically you can make your own function like you describe if you like via this method.