Publish loosing weapon fixed confirmed in latest beta 3.3

Gonan

spacer.gif spacer.gif

icon_users.png1 Follow this topic var FAVE_TEMPLATE = new Template( "

Unfollow this topic

If you unfollow this topic you will no longer receive any notifications

");

published atestmap shows no weapon, works ok in editor, beta 3.3.

Josh has fixed the issue of publishing to Steam, with an update available in the beta version. Thanks Josh.

I have created another test map, friends and admins only, and published to steam using the menu workshop>Publish File as a game and the weapon now stays visable. My previously publicly published game MidnightPatrol once again works as expected. I did not need to republish it.

Using the Project Manager, Publish to a desktop folder, still looses the weapon display. If I remove the contents of the zip file and copy the project subfolders into the published desktop folder, then the display returns. As soon as I create a zip file with any contents in the folder, the problem re-appears. Even if that content bears no relation to the game.

I think this would mean if you wanted to publish a stand alone version to non Leadwerks users you would not be able to use items that need to be protected in the data.zip with a password, like assets in addons folders. I'll check with the FPS weapon pack tomorrow.

Findings of publishing with fps weapon pack, adding Pickup M4 to the scene.

Running under the editor works.

Publishing to the desktop - no weapon is displayed, unless the data.zip file is emptied, and the project folders copied in. Also note the Lua sandboxing is disabled when running in this way.

Publishing to steam workshop, "atest33beatupdate", friends and admins only, the initial weapon works and displays, the M4 displays but cannot be picked up by running over it or pressing "E".

This was still using the latest 3.3 beta.

Btw, found the runtime parameters -fullscreen +screenheight 1080 +screenwidth 1920 -sandbox

which can be used with the .exe in the publish to desktop version to enable Lua sandbox mode, and full screen, sandbox works even with Lua only games so the handling of the parameter must be internal in leadwerks as I could not find it referred to in the project .Lua files.

Is the list of built in runtime parameters documented, the nearest I have found is in System::GetProperty(), but that doesn't mention -sandbox.

I will create a new bug report for the FPS weapon pack, I couldn't comment on how successful the previous fix was because the bug report was closed following the new build.

I will create another bug report for the publish to desktop data.zip contents making the starting weapon disappear.