Dungeon Defense

Niosop

When it comes default with the library it's easier to use it because it's already built in than to make your own waypoints.

I've actually just found the recast library last night and will be taking a look at it over time.

I've posted all my code which interfaces with recast. You might not like my code but it will give you a leg up.

Oh sweet. Where is that? Did you use that pathfinding code that recast uses also? Also from what I can see recast basically works on an obj file that would be your level. So since LE requires gmf files I assume this is a pre game process to calc the nav mesh on the obj file of your level, save it to disk, then read it in again in the game?

Your work sample is very appreciated chris, if i had the time i would prefer a navmesh with a solid wayfinding also. However, my "prototype" will just use terrain and didnt even uses obstacle avoidance because of the little time i can put into it. Well, cannon fodder. :blink: Iam looking forward to this project.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

Oh sweet. Where is that? Did you use that pathfinding code that recast uses also? Also from what I can see recast basically works on an obj file that would be your level. So since LE requires gmf files I assume this is a pre game process to calc the nav mesh on the obj file of your level, save it to disk, then read it in again in the game?

After the load scene is done I feed in all the polygon data (verts/tris) from the terrain and models into recast. Like I say look use my code as a leg up, I've done a fair amount of work on it, I beleive Davris has managed to use my code. It also copes with dynamically updating the navmesh with dynamic objects, such as a barrel moving.

I have not yet written the streaming of the static mesh out but I'll do this when I've finished my current project. I beleive the most recent version of recast may already have this in (but my code does work with the latest version yet).

My code should be in the downloads section, "my game.zip". It also has behaviour tree stuff in which is a better way of doing stuff than FSMs. It also has opensteer in for agent steering. The code is messy as it's all WIP - but it is free.