published atestmap shows no weapon, works ok in editor, beta 3.3.

Gonan

I have problems with publishing and no longer seeing the weapon.

I have created atestmap and published on Leadwerks steam workshop, playable for friends and admins, the map works ok in the leadwerks engine with a autopistol, but doesn't display or fire a weapon when published to desk top or steam. You can see the autopistol in the published screen shot taken when running on the editor.

I'm still using the leadwerks 3.3 beta.

Hope this is a easy thing to solve.

For now, I will leave the beta version and go back to using the 3.3 release?

There is a knack to this doing this, i'll quickly explain.

if I try

steam library - leadwerks Game Engine [beta] - properties - BETAS tab, has

Select the beta you would like to opt into:

beta - Latest build for testing

The drop down to the right doesn't display any other options.

However if you use the up and down arrow keys the other options appear, not sure if this is a steam bug, I'm using windows 8.1 64bit. Hope this might help others who are stuck.

This is not looking good for me now, gone back to release 3.3, updated atestmap in project manager 19 new files.

Deleted an re-added the crawlers, copied the sound character folder from MyGame and it work in editor but still fails to display the weapon when publish to desktop.

Made an even simpler map, a box, with Fpsplayer on it, added autopistol.pfb. worked in editor,no weapon in publish to desktop.

Tried changing the FPSweapon slot to 5. saved a new weapon.pfb same result.

Another Leadwerks user has also tried this on another pc using leadwerks 3.3 release, same issue. No weapon displays on publish. The other user doesn't have the FPS Weapon pack.

Also tried unencrypted on my pc, same result. If I add the item pickups from the FPS weapon pack, I can't pick them up in the published to desktop version.

I have managed to find and work around one anomaly by adding this line to FPSPlayer.lua.

System:Print("Checking self.weaponfile "..self.weaponfile)

in the start function just before

if self.weaponfile~="" then

located in the start function around line 200, running in the editor gives the value set in the Script Weapon entry, with extra path folders.

Running it from the editor gives.

Checking self.weaponfile Prefabs/Weapons/autopistolslot6.pfb

which is Prefabs/Weapons/ added to the text put in the Weapon entry on the FPSPlayer.Lua Script tab for the Player object in the Scene.

Running it from the Published desktop folder gives

Checking self.weaponfile

So I then added

self.weaponfile="Prefabs/Weapons/autopistolslot6.pfb"

one line before the added System:Print line.

Now the autopistol same output is displayed when running from the Published desktop folder, and the weapon is displayed and works.

However the weapons from the FPS weapons pack, will still not pick up.

Earlier I also tried modifying the empty quotes in this line to

Script.weaponfile="Prefabs/Weapons/autopistolslot6.pfb" --path "Weapon" "Prefab (*.pfb):pfb|Prefabs"

This still showed as an empty string in the debug output, which to me implies the Weapon entry in the Script tab is not being exported when Publishing.

Will check/debug some more tomorrow.

Ok thanks Josh just seen your new post 12:45 AM.