Few questions from a noob

VinnieBhoy

Hi folks I've had Leadwerks for a few weeks and I love it, I just wish I knew as much as all of you do lol. I have the Indie version, I think (Lua based)? I have never coded before so that is entirely non-sense to me :(

Some of your projects look amazing and I hope to join you all in making actual progress lol.

I keep chopping and changing my idea of what I want but I'm quite determined to make a JRPG type of game. One of my main issues is I don't know how to make borders to my terrain. When it comes to the terrain design I'm pretty sorted but I'd want to limit where my character can go I.e running uphill or running right off the edge of the terrain.

When it comes to camera angles etc I'll look up tutorials etc but I just wanted a bit of human input to help me out a bit with this lol

Thanks for any help you guys can provide and hopefully one day I'll be able to return the favour.

All the best guys,

Vinnie

One solution to the border issue you have is to create a csg box (wall) around your area and then apply the invisable.mat to it. Then its there, has a collision but yet cant be seen.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,