weapons in leadwerks - Workflow

Imchasinyou

Ive found no useful information in making a new weapon in Leadwerks. I have use a Colt 45 model, set the script, saved as a prefab, attached it via the player script. My question here is HOW do I add the animations? I dont see anything definitive anywhere and haven't found any thing anywhere (even searched Google as much as I hate Google). SO, if any one has any suggestions or advice, it would be great to get this out to the community. Yes, Josh has a weapons pack coming out but I cant wait for that right now.

http://youtu.be/9puHE8i83Zg

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

I am using lua. My latest attempts have allowed a muzzle flash and the projectile. Reloading is non existent and the weapon does nothing after attempting to reload it.

http://youtu.be/-8kVIA-mUt0

EDIT: Im using a pivot at the end of the barrel as a child of the weapon as the muzzle flash. Still havnt figured out how to set the animations and still cant get the weapon to reload for what ever reason on the default FPSweapon.lua script.

EDIT-2: Ive managed to get the weapon to reload. Apparently, when I extracted the animations, I didnt use the Capitalization of the first letter for the sequence. Found this after staring at the script for 15 minutes. Im almost done.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

And final update. . . . I think. I now have a complete functional weapon. Here is the final video.

http://youtu.be/Fl8dltCj8mk

Now, does any one remember what all I did to make this work? wacko.png OK, maybe not but Im off to great things now. Ill kill everything around.

Well, doing the exact same process has failed. Im getting this error

Bad argument #1 to "ipairs (table expected, got nil)
Line 286

rebuilding the entire weapon prefab has fixed this error for some reason. . . . .

My Rum soaked tutorial. Take it for what it is. If it helps you great, if not. . . . . well. . . .wacko.png

• Upvote 2