Model Transparency

Rick

@Rick, the final lighting pass needs a depth value. So the lighting will not be correct on the blended pixel, since it should really be the blended result of two different light calculations.

So are you saying at the point of the pixel shader, there is no lighting in the scene yet? The lighting of the scene is done after the shaders run?

So am I missing something here or does this not work on CSG? When I apply this to CSG it just disappears. This would for sure need to work for CSG. Any ideas why it doesn't? Maybe it's something I'm doing but could white or shadmar do a quick test on their side with CSG and this shader?

Why would it only work for skinned animated bone stuff? Doesn't every model have a color to it via SetColor()? That and the noise texture is all that's being used here to determine if the pixel should be discarded or not right? If the CSG has a script attached then it should be a normal model entity right?