Blender, to UU3D to Editor Problem

Chiblue

I have a building model I created in blender, I then used UU3D to align the texture and export to GMF, I then created a MAT file for the texture..

But when I load the model into editor all I see is the model, i.e. no texture, infact if I deselect the model it disapears... in modelviewer I see nothing..

I attached the images from both uu3d and editor, this is the contents of my MAT file..

texture0="abstract::bombed_farm_buildings_D2.dds"

shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"

I know I am doing something wrong, I tried to attache the GMF but could not due to authorization..

post-263-12651624895827_thumb.jpg

post-263-12651624975151_thumb.jpg

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Odd. Could you zip up the obj from blender and the texture and post here? I'll see if I can replicate/find the problem using just blender and LE. Don't have UU3D to test that step, but may be able to figure it out w/ the original.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

Attached is the blender file and dds, if I sent the wrong one let me know, I have been in and out of blender with these things trying different things..

By the way, what key do I use to set the origin position of a blender model? Also can you post your blender tutorial somewhere so I can download it I use it all the time for reference but the site it is on the active X or java plugin used does not allow positioning of the playback so I have to sit and wait for it to get to the appropriate point... sorry I got side tracked...

bombedstable2.zip

Hmm, I don't see a method of downloading the video and I don't have the original. I should have uploaded it to youtube instead. I'll see about redoing it (better this time hopefully) and I'm going to do another one on retopology soon. I'll use YouTube from now on so it's downloadable and seekable.

You can use the center to cursor button to set the origin. Just click wherever, usually have to do it from 2 views, like a front and side, so that your cursor is where you want the origin to be. Then click center to cursor I think. I'll add that into the redone skeletal animation one.

ZBrush - Blender

Wow, that is a really nice model, I wish I could do stuff like that. Anyways, I did a little clean up. First thing was select all Vertices with 'a', then 'w' and Remove Doubles. You had a bunch of duplicated verts. I don't know if they really matter much, but it makes all your edges non-manifold which can mess with other tools. Then I repositioned it on the blender origin, and set my cursor at the bottom center of the model and hit "Center Cursor" which sets the object center to wherever the little crosshairs are.

Then I exported as FBX and used ConvertMesh.exe under the Tools directory to convert it to GMF. Made a simple material for it and threw it in the editor.

Your problem may have been that it was being displayed but the center was so far off that it wasn't shown on the screen where you could see it. You might want to try zooming way out and see if it's there. Attached is the converted stuff and new blend file, but there are still some oddities with the lighting on it. I think it might be a normals issue or an issue w/ non-manifold edges. I'll see if I can clean it up some more, but here's the current version.

Why is it all tris already?

ZBrush - Blender

Thanks, this is model is one I used for 3DWS and it worked very well... but I have many like these I built in 3D studio max a few years back, but now my version of 3D max does not work with Vista or windows 7 (version 2.5) and I am not going to pay $1,500 to upgrade..

It may have been the way I converted the models from 3D studio Max .max files...

Anyway thanks a bunch and I look forward to more of your tutorials...

Were you planning on adding a specular map and normal mapping it? If not, would you mind if I took a shot at it? It's really a nice model, I'd like to see how it looks when it's all decked out. I fixed up some small problems where the UVs were slightly off (maybe a rounding error during the conversion or something) that resulted in some seams, going to work on the lighting issue next.

ZBrush - Blender

Be my guest, I have not as I built them specifically for FPS game environment so was happy with it.. most gamers don't care about the quality of the environment just that it is "appears" real.. take most of the FPS games out there... many of them don't even support decent shading textures..

Please keep in the loop on what you do with it I would like to see your results.. I do have a few of these as I said and maybe I can create a new paradigm in FPs gameplay...

Tried to auto create some normal and spec maps for it, but didn't look that good and definitely didn't justify the increased texture memory space. I did clean up the model a little more to remove most of the most noticeable seams.

If I get the urge tomorrow I may re-unwrap it and manually create normal/spec maps for it, maybe record the process in case it might help anyone.

Here's the latest version.

bombedstable2-new.zip

ZBrush - Blender