Scaling images in Blender

Chiblue

I am using blender to work on some .x objects I have been using the DBpro, the problem I have is that these objects come into blender very large, and to fit into the editor scale I need to scale them down... any suggestions on a starting point for this scaling would be helpful...

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Ok, thats cool... so I basically say I have a building that I want to be 1 story... 3metres or so, then scale it so the height it 3 grid block?

Also, I imported my objects to blender, textured them, saved them as both a 3ds and a fbx, run them through the tools converter... then when I use them in editor, I do not get the texture image applied, I know I am doing something wrong, but what?

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Open the gmf's with the modelviewer and make sure that each surface has a material applied. If its missing the material, then yes you are doing something wrong with your exporting. If it does have a material listed, then more than likely you are missing your mat file for the model's textures. Every texture used on a model needs a MAT file. The MAT file indicates what textures and what shaders to use.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Did you create a LeadWerks material file? Adding the texture in Blender pretty much just determines the name of the material file that will be loaded automatically. You still need to create the material file that tells it what textures to use and what to do with those textures.

As for size, decide on a scale and go by that. I tend to use the oildrum as the base, but you could use any of your models. Then scale everything to match your reference.

EDIT: Damn mack, that was quick (that's what she said).

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

just to clarify the material name you get in the gmf using the fbx exporter is the same as the imagename you have assigned in the uv/image editor and the blender materials are completely ignored so i usually just select the parts that need that material and create a new 32x32 image with the name i want and export and then do it for the other parts aswell

As for size, decide on a scale and go by that. I tend to use the oildrum as the base

Same here, if I have to do any work in Blender then I use this setting for a cylinder as a pseudo oildrum.

blendercylindersize.jpg

EDIT: Damn mack, that was quick (that's what she said).

;):o

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"