Needing more help please

Imchasinyou

OK, guys. I have built a smal level and wanted to compile it to see how it runs as a standalone. I did as the tutorial I found said and when I clicked the exe to run it, I am getting an access violation exception? error.

Second issue Im having is when i run a test from the editor, firing the prefab pistol crashes the editor.

Third is when I import characters, I only have the monsterAI script to use and they dont really attack me and when they get close to me, they turn backwards. . . .

Finally, when I import trees and other vegetaions, I have black squares around all the branches/leaves.

Here is a small vid I made of the level I have begun. Please keep in mind, Im justa hobbiest and a beginner smile.png

• Upvote 1

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Third is when I import characters, I only have the monsterAI script to use and they dont really attack me and when they get close to me, they turn backwards. . . .

This seems some model orientation on Y axis problem perhaps.Have you a video ?

Finally, when I import trees and other vegetaions, I have black squares around all the branches/leaves.

Verify your original textures have transparency an choose a shader with alphaMask also.

Stop toying and make games

• As for the vegetation: your tex file needs its compression set to dxt5. Otherwise alpha channels wont work.
  • I had it looking decent with dtx5 but I could still see the branches on the other side thru the trunk.
  • Are you using release or debug from C++ or lua? Debug mode seems to be having an issue with the latest update.
  • I have no idea what this means lol. Im a complete moron with this stuff. Im just a hobbyest
  • The pistol shooting is a confirmed bug.
  • Thats good to know and hope a fix is coming soon. I knew I could use it before but then I might have seen a real fast update and thats about when it started now that I think about it.

Here is a link to my video showing the issue with the character. Any advise would be awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Yn3JWnfDg

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Okay for vegetation you need these settings for the material -

BlendMode: Solid

Two Sided: Yes

DepthTest: Yes

DepthMask: Yes

I could still see the branches on the other side thru the trunk.

This is probably because your BlendMode was set to Alpha.

For the character Issue try to go to the Physics Tab and set the Character value to 180.

Thanks for the help guys. Ill get on this as soon as the slave master (work) permits me some personal time to actually do more than sleep.

• Are you using release or debug from C++ or lua? Debug mode seems to be having an issue with the latest update.
  • I have no idea what this means lol. Im a complete moron with this stuff. Im just a hobbyest

Do you have the indie editie or standard edition?

If you have the indie edition you can only use Lua. You run the game directly from the editor or double clicking the executable in the game root. When you are using Lua from the editor you are not compiling Lua. (Technically Lua files can be compiled but I doubt you are doing that.)

If you are writing C++ code (and thus have the standard edition) then your code needs to be compiled before your game can run.

I have the Indie version.

Im going into the project manager and clicking publish with the level shown in the video. This places an exe file onto my desktop. When clicking the exe is where im getting the error. Is this not the correct method of publishing a game?