.wav sound not working

FoxMulder

Hello there,

I've another question: I've used many sound in my Leadwerks project, mostly applied to objects (door, barrels, etc.). When I tried to apply a sound to a pivot, the preview freezes on a white screen and no sound is present.

I've tried with other wav files in the folders and they works... What can be the problem ?

I attach you the save preset I use for the .wav file:

44100Hz Mono - 16 bit

I've tried with lower bitrate too without results. Is there a particular config to save a playable sound ?

Thank you again !

I received the sound file from FoxMulder and had a look at it.

Leadwerks currently only supports wav files for sound. 3d sound (barrels, gun shots, monster shrieks) needs to be formatted as mono and 2d (ambient, music) sound needs to be formatted as stereo.

If you are going to emit sound from an entity (3d sound), it needs to be mono. The original file was a mono file and the noise.lua script, requires a wav file with the stereo conversion.

After converting it to stereo. it worked just fine.

This is pretty actually important information and I can't find anything about this in the documentation. It should be added there unless I missed it.

• Upvote 2

I just noticed that the jump.wav sound file in the MyGame project is a stereo file yet the FPSplayer.lua script uses it with EmitSound() and it still plays the sound. Also I have been using many stereo sound files in my project along with EmitSound() and all the sounds still play.

Does playing a stereo sound file with EmitSound() create any problems?

I tested it out and it seems like the 3D sound doesn't work although the sound still plays.