Questions about modeling in leadwerks

fisherhazzel

So i bought leadwerks engine in the steam store, and this program comes with some prefabs models and other stuff. Now how can i open and prefab file. When i right click the handgun and i click "open file" windows 8 asks me how i want to open it. So how can you edit a prefab? same goes for .mdl files.

I have googled myself but couldn't find a good answer, i even searched on the leadwerks forum without succes, the leadwerks tutorial section doesn't have a lot of information about modeling. Also another question can you edit the leadwerks files (Models prefabs and textures). And use these for commercial use without crediting anyone?

I hope someone can answer these questions thanks for reading

EDIT:

I converted my .blend file to .mdl by doing the following exporting the .blend file as a .pfx and putting that in my game directory it automatically gets converted to .mdl. But how do you make a .phy shape file out of a .mdl .pfx or .blend? How can i change the handgun (in the prefab folder) that comes with the program to my own custom model? i want to convert my .fbx or .mdl to .pfb.

To create a .phy file for your .mdl navigate to your model in the Assets Tab of the Leadwerks Editor then Right-Click the models thumbnail. An option near the bottom will say Generate Shape - Convex Hull or Polymesh.

For editing models you want the .fbx of the model. I believe the .mdl is Leadwerks imported version of the model while the .fbx is the origin. You can import a .fbx model into Blender easily and then edit it however you would like. Then when you are finished editing you can export the .fbx model right into your Leadwerks Model folder and it will import into a .mdl file. You can also create a model in Blender and export it as a .fbx into your Leadwerks Model folder and it will import into a .mdl file.

Hope this helps!