Ultra Engine SDK Early Access Now Available
I'm pleased to announce that Ultra Engine SDK Early Access is now available. Four years ago, I set out to solve the performance problems I was seeing while working on virtual reality projects at NASA. Ultra Engine is the product of a lot of intense research and development during which I invented a new architecture designed for the way modern graphics hardware works. The results exceeded my wildest expectations, providing Ultra Engine with order-of-magnitude faster rendering performance than Leadwerks or Unity.
Cyber Samurai by Khoa Minh
The initial release is a C++ programming SDK for WIndows that provides access to the all new Ultra Engine API. Similar to Leadwerks, but utilizing modern C++ features like smart pointers, the new API features native support for loading all proprietary Leadwerks formats, so you can easily pull your existing 3D content into the new engine with updated graphics and performance.
In addition to being really fast, Ultra Engine provides a ton of new possibilities:
- The Khronos glTF file format is supported natively, providing an easy way to load thousands of game-ready 3D models.
- An entity component system provides a formal structure for adding modular game components, and even supports loading and saving of game states.
- A layer-less terrain system supports up to 256 different materials per terrain.
- The animation system has a lot of new possibilities you've never seen before, in addition to being incredibly fast.
- The engine even features documented support for the mythical brush entity, for constructive solid geometry and real-time slicing and dicing.
- The pathfinding system provides precise creation and control of navigation meshes.
- Plugins system with plugins for FreeImage, KTX2, and fast BC7 compression.
- Features that were not very well documented in Leadwerks are clearly laid out with examples, like render-to-texture.
Here's a video that goes through some of the new capabilities:
We're just getting started! There's a lot more great technology on the way. Here are some of the main features in development:
- New visual editor with customizable extensions
- VR support
- Linux and Mac versions
- C# programming support
- Lua programming support
- Advanced global illumination and reflections
- Box2D physics
- Newton Dynamics 4 physics
Ultra Engine will be licensed at $9.99 a month, with a 20% discount for early adopters. If you would like to join the Ultra Engine journey towards a better tomorrow with maximum efficiency, activate your plan and get started using your new secret weapon.
See you on the forum!