Dynamic map change

Nimzog

Hello

I am trying to change a map while in game. The result I am getting at the moment is that each time I do a Map::Load() the new one is added to the old one. This means that the lights get freakish and objects that should not be there are still there. I looked around the command reference doc and I cant find a way to delete an old map as it is not assigned to a variable anywhere. Is there a way using the context or world object? I am doing this in C++ in case it is usefull.

I dont want to destroy all the entities because its like an alternate world of the current one that we can switch back to at some point. I just found the setCurrent/getCurrent methods would those be better suited for that?

Well I'm pretty sure anything loaded will be displayed. I think you might want to load 1 map into 1 world, then switch to a different world and then load another map (which will put those entities into that world). I'm not sure if you can show/hide worlds from the world variable but if not you could either make a pivot in each world and loop through all entities and making it a child of this pivot (this might mess up other things in your entities) and then just hide/show that 1 pivot to hide/show all child entities, or just loop through each entities in each world and call Show/Hide on them.