3D World Studio Question

digman

In my forum searches, I found that Josh has plans on adding more advanced features to the Brushes closer to his other software 3D World Studio which appears no longer in active development.

Josh stated that he has ported it over to his version 3 series of Leadwerks and 3D World Studio had it's day.

Currently 3D World Studio has few more advanced features than the brushes in Leadwerks so would it be good to purchase the program until the editor becomes more advanced in 3.1 ( Your opinion here)

""3D World Studio Version 5.6 fixes a registration problem, and features better integration with Leadwerks Engine, with a GMF model exporter.""

Now the GMF to Mdl converter has been removed in the version 3 series of Leadwerks.

I found that in my fourm search that you can just rename the GMF extension to the Mdl extension and that works for Leadwerks. Is that still true for version 3.1

Fire away with your advice and or opinions...

When we get the Boolean tools in le3 it will be better than 3dws. I don't have 3.1 yet so don't know if these changes have occurred.

3dws will not run on win 8 ( I am told) but its ok on win 7 in xp2 mode.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I am running the demo under wine using Linux... Yes I know the brushes are going to be updated in the version 3 series and be better than 3dws. They are I'm pretty sure not in the current release as Josh in his post that I read said he was working on getting Linux out the door. Even if I fork over 50 bucks, I really don't mind as it will take it's place in the my harddrive's lost world of software if not needed. Heck, I still got my first 3D paint program lurking about. Tattoo3D...

Thanks for your input...