CSG Smoothing Groups?

SlipperyBrick

Just dropping a quick post on how the smoothing groups works when your in face mode and using the brushes in Leadwerks. I have tried searching the documentation and cannot find any info on it anywhere. Would like to know how it works. It looks like it takes a similar approach to the way Max handles smoothing groups.

Thanks tjheldna :)

I did find those tools last night (you learn something new everyday :D). I would love to know though how you use the smoothing groups. I can see 31 buttons but no difference. Is it the angle of how it smooths the edges the higher number you pick?

I'm unsure on how to use it properly and I can't find any documentation on it, seems to be buried in the Leadwerks manual :P

I sent this tutorial to you in e-mail but posting the video link here as well. The tutorial is using Max smoothing groups but it looks like Leadwerks uses something very similar. I will know more when I get the engine in a few days...

The video is short and to point but very informative on basic understanding and using smoothing groups...

• Upvote 1