Leadwerks and Native SBSAR files?

SlipperyBrick

I would love to be able to get Substance support in Leadwerks. In my opinion thats another selling point for the engine. I'm not sure how much work is involved and to be honest I wouldn't have any idea on where to start to be able to intergrate this in (is the Substance Engine the SDK for Substance?)

If we could get some sort of voting system on here for people who use Substance Designer just to get some figures on who would be interested in this feature then I think that would show just how many people use Substances and would like to be able to use them Leadwerks.

I know Allegorithmic are really pushing their products for indie developers so maby in time we will see more users who use Leadwerks that want this feature :)

Ahh I see. I can totally understand where Josh is coming from as well. Trends are something that come and go. He definately has his priorities right.

This isn't really a bad thing, it's not like we can't use Substance Designer at all in our workflow. It would be nice to have the native support I suppose the only way to go about this is if, loads of LE users ask for it or a user decides to make some sort of plugin for it although I won't know how that or if that would work.

Needed extensions like GUI , is different as this is core 3D engine component and LE3 don't have any advanced GUI ... SD is not core 3D engines component but some optional extension indeed.

I'm for extensions, but not just "hey that's cool, let's integrate it"

When engine becomes popular and more 3D artists use it, yes a good bunch of exentsions are asked, but LE3 is mainly programmer core people.

For SD , it will ask also LE3 to have physical based shaders (or advanced ones to talk mor easy).

Stop toying and make games

So I posted at the Allegorithmic forums about native support for Substance Designer in Leadwerks. Not to sure whether I am leaking information here but I spoke with Jeremie Noguer who is a Technical Artist at Allegorithmic (he provides support and does product design for Substance products). This is what he said:

useroff.gif Jeremie Noguer

xx.gif

Re: Leadwerks Game Engine and Substances

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:09:13 PM »

We are talking with the Leadwerks guys. Things are moving forward even if still early, stay tuned.

I don't know if I should be sharing this but just to let you guys know. I wouldn't get to excited though just in case it doesn't happen. Link to the post is here: http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1134.new.html#new

• Upvote 2