Some bug with adding normal maps?

BrokenHalls

When I apply a normal material to the mat file and then click save it turns my normal map texture black in the window. I tried this with different projects and it keeps does the same thing. This never happened before and seems to have started after a couple of updates. I have already updated the projects but it keeps doing it. Am I the only one getting this?

EDIT: Hmmm I might of fixed it but I had to open the normal map file again and change the pixel to smooth and it fixed it. I guess it's at pixel for default....

Maybe I don't understand your question but it seems to me you just create a normal map from your diffuse texture and then create a mat file

from the diffuse texture. Then the mat file will include the normal map automatically.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Yes, if you have created your own normal map from another application (mindtex, bitmap2material etc) then you don't need to convert this in Leadwerks. If you would like to make a normal map from your diffuse in Leadwerks then you will have to right click your texture and generate normal map.

Once you have done this in your material file for your texture, remember to change the shader type to diffuse + normal and then put your files in the texture tab accordingly and there you have it.