Bullet Time/Slow Motion

DudeAwesome

Hi guys,

me again. I´m thinking about bullet time. Think most of you know the matrix movies.

there was also a HL2 Bullet Time Mod (

) and I´m thinking about to add something like this into my prototype but I have no clue how I can realise this in theory with the leadwerks api.

It should be possible to slow down the 3d objects (not all. player moves normal) and slow down the audio (maybe use pitch here)

any clue how I can manipulate the "Time" ?

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

I would start of by having a global TimeScale variable which by default has a value of 1.0

Normally you would calculate a speed like this:

player.x += playerSpeed * Time::GetCurrent()

With the timescalar it would look like this:

player.x += playerSpeed * Time::GetCurrent() * TIMESCALE

This works fine for updating logic, but not for physics. I don't know if you can have access to the update time of the newton physics engine but there are other ways to similutate it.

i take aggror's thought and apply it to the animations of the entities of everything you want to slow down. So instead of it taking the normal (timescale==1) it would take twice as long (timescale==.5). the second arg in the animation manager is speed, default of 1. So i would pass the timescale variable of those you want to slow down. Their animations take twice as long, they move half as fast. Make sure to update your algorithms that do the moving of the entities, not just the animations.

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!