Inverted Cylinder and navmesh questions...

TemplarAsh

Newbie question here, can someone tell me how to make an inverted cylinder, so I can make some tunnels? Also, when messing around with the navmesh on the underground tunnel map examples, my monsters run too close to the wall edge and fall through the map. I put some barrels up for nav obstacles and that helped a little bit, but the nav mesh is so wide, it goes though the edge of the tunnel. Is there a way to resize the navmesh that is generated to only go down the middle. I suppose I could put up some invisible obstacles along the edges of the corridors or something, but that seems like a PITA.

This engine is pretty damn awesome considering my limited experience thus far :)

Thanks!

Ash

There was talk of boolean operations being implemented but no ETA. It's best to use a 3D modeling program like Blender (free) or Max (paid).

As for adjusting the navmesh, you can make invisible barriers with boxes and such and by applying an invisible material. There was also talk of manually adjusting navmeshes but I don't know remember if Josh had any interest in that.

Finally, if you haven't watched this, it may help you:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials_legacy/_/pathfinding-r43