material editor assigning multiple textures

AlanSnake

I made a ball in blender to test textures(exported to fbx file and converted it in autodesk fbx converter so i was able to use it in substance painter). I made the texture in substance painter. The ball looked metalic and reflected the surrounding. I exported the textures and imported the ball and textures in Leadwerks 3. I generated the material and assigned the normal, difuse and specular textures. When exporting the material, substance painter also exported a metalic.tex, height.tex and roughness.tex. How/where can i assign these in the material editor and which shader should i use to get the shiny reflecting ball?

Standard shaders commonly used :

Diffuse + normal map + specular

I think you'll have to combine in some painting program the other textures.

Perhaps combine metalic and specular map as a final specular map

Take height.tex transforming it to some normal map and add it to some degree to your normal map

Same for Rought , try to see with what texture it could be combined.

Could you post your textures in some Zip file , i could take a look and perhaps try something ?

Stop toying and make games

Well your file is super small and indeed your bitmaps are empty, so i can't try nothing for now :)

I didn't seen but LE3 has this shader :

diffuse+normal+specular+env

env beeing environment map to simulate reflection, so it could be usefull in your case for metal, but i don't know if environment map is applied on whole mesh (what i guess is done).

--------------------

Perhaps we could ask some new LE3 shader :

Environment map + Environment mask in some shader, this way you choose where on the mesh and how many env reflection we want.

This could allow to have some model with some rust parts and other reflecting like metal or usefull to make partial water zones on roads after rain is gonna.

combat.jpg

Stop toying and make games

I tried it. Unfortunately it didnt work for me. I made a different texture with some reflecting lines on it. I put the metalic texture on specular. This didnt work :(. Im not able to post the whole file, cause its to big. If anyone wants to give it a try, i can send the .rar file via chat. :)

A new shader sounds good to me. I need my shiny fix ;)