Entity selected in 3D direct access in scene tab

YouGroove

Just open LE3 FPS demo.

Select the player on the 3D scene, and try to find it on the scene panel smile.png ...

The list of objects is very long and hard to find any entity you select in 3D View

Why not proposing some direct access to object in scene tab list ? by double click or in the right click menu ?

Imagine you need to group several models as child in the scene tab, having to scroll and loose 5 minute finding each, is just lacking good workflow.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

Humm.. It should logically be selected in the list when you select it with the mouse. It does not? (I don't have LE yet, so I don't know the details yet)

If it's not there yet, it would be interesting and practical to have a "filter" list for VIS groups. I used this extensively with Hammer.

You select entities, and assign them a VIS name. Then in the filter list, you can see all the items, or select only the specified name.

Was really useful when building really big level, so I could separate in the list by regions of the map.

Here is a tutorial about the

and how it's used inside Hammer. If LE editor doe not have anything similar I would really like to have something like this.