"Normal map" flag in texture editor

Rastar

Thanks for the info. You mean the "bumpiness slider", right? True, that only becomes active when the Normal Map flag is set. You mean "height" as in "height map"? Is this then saved to the alpha channel (and that is the reason that appears on the Information tab)?

@ScrotieFlapWack: Probably a silly question, but just to be sure...: You are using them with a corresponding shader, right (e.g. diffuse+normal.shader)? If yes: How did you generate them?

You should see a visual difference already in the material editor (might have to hit "Save" for this).

Oh sorry haha I just read back through your post lol. Well I make my textures through Substance Designer 4 so if that helps. I have my 3 usual outputs when making a texture which would be the diffuse and normal etc all I gotta do is making sure my connections in Substance Designer are going through and to the correct nodes. When I have finished my texture Substance Designer will save them as the correct individual files then.

In your project, there is a folder "Shaders/Model". There is a simple Shader called "diffuse.shader" which only uses a diffuse map. In your case, with three outputs, you would probably use "diffuse+normal+specular.shader". I just wanted to make sure you're using one of those (open your material in the editor and have a look at the "Shaders" tab).

• Upvote 1

@Rastar. I feel abit embarrassed right now (but I have learnt something new). After going into my materials and checking the 'Shaders' tab I did find that I was only using the diffuse shader :P

Rastar man thank you so much, you have taught me something new, my textures are looking fantastic now and normal maps are showing up!

I <3 Leadwerks :D

• Upvote 1