Fixed Joint?

Rick

Is there an issue with fixed joints where the child slightly raises when the parent moves? I move the parent cube, and when it first moves the child cube slightly raises before it follows the parent. Not sure if it's on my side or something a fixed joint does for some reason.

If the parent doesn't move the child doesn't do this.

I notice when I move up and down the distance between my child and parent changes when I change direction of the parent. Is there a way to make sure the distance between the child and parent stay exactly the same?

I also notice that when going up, when it changes direction and it's going fast enough, my character controller "jumps" a little. Is there any way to stop that? Ideally the character controller would stay flat on the cube.

I use FixedJoints to glue my spaceships together. The spaceship itself can freely rotate in space and i have not encountered

any type of "child movement" as you described Rick. Maybe it's just because of the character controller.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

Well the character controller is just something I put on top for testing. It happens when it's just the 2 physics bodies as well. So when it's going down and it hits the point where it goes back up the distance between the child and parent is reduced slightly. The opposite when doing up and changing direction. It only happens when I change direction. It's not a huge deal just annoying.