[C++] Map:Load() with some kind of Map:PrepareLoad() and Map:PushChangeMap()

DudeAwesome

It would be awesome when the engine allow us to prepare and change the map when we want to do it, to create some kind of background loading. (when using threads)

For now a map will be loaded and changed with

Map:Load()

thats not optimal in my opinion because the map will be prepared and loaded with one function.

But

I would like to have a api function that allow me to trigger a prepareLoad() function that stores the mapfile in the RAM and a api function like Map:PushChangeMap() that allow me to do the mapload once the map was prepared.

That would be great so we can use a CollisionTrigger (Like the last room in the Level) to do a Map:PrepareLoad(). And the Player dont know that the map is loaded in the Background. With an other CollisionTrigger (Like the last door in the room that give access to next level) I wanna push the Mapload (obviously the map was prepared before) with Map:PushChangeMap(). I think this would increase the mapload a lot and give the player an other game experience than always see a loading screen.

• Upvote 2

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

• 2 months later...