Getting inside the rendering loop

Rastar

I am trying to draw some stuff *before* and *after* everything else is rendered, but I have a hard time trying to do that:

1. Anything that I do before World->Render() doesn't appear, I guess that method clears the buffer? Also, the camera and projection matrices aren't set at that time (I could compute them myself, though).
  2. I can't figure out a proper way for using DrawHooks. I have tried pivots and the camera as the wrapped entity, but both don't seem to receive the DrawHook call. If I use one of the other entities (e.g. Model::Box() ) - would my drawing code be rendered *in addition* or *instead of* the box drawing itself? Also, how could I influence the time when that object is rendered?

It's fun to try and guess: I think he is trying to use the light and texture information from the rendering loop in order to draw something else on top of it, thereby creating a new psuedo dimensional space that is both orthographically projected in how it is handled internally, yet at the same time bending to the light and texture values of the Leadwerks 3d space.

I think with this technique you could get a whole butt load of crazy effects or even track the orthographic input in such a way as to work some sort of logic mechanics based off of it

fun to guess

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

biggrin.png Bending light? Am I Albert Einstein or what? No, actually I want to project some quantum-dynamic strings into hyperspace and then genetically modify their submolecular megatexture before transforming the space-time-fabric into super-entropic multi-convex Voronoi regions, silly!

Or to say it in plain words: I am trying to use some third-party code for drawing skies and clouds...