Help! C++ question

VonBrauser

Looking for help on an error I keep getting when clicking play on Leadwerks : "Failed to launch "E:\Leadwerks\Projects\New\New.dubug.exe." I also get this error when i try to run it from Microsoft Express 2012. I know it's a simple fix but I am stumped sad.png

Can you show us the error?

- One thing I've had to do with VS is to disable incremental building in the project settings on a new project, as I've had issues with errors with this setting.

It's under Configuration Properties->Linker->General->Enable Incremental Linking (set to no).

-Try a project clean then build.

-The play buttons in leadwerks will run the debug and release version of your program so you will need to build it for both for both buttons to run your game. I generally only build for debug for now so I just hit the debug button only.

Hope this helps!

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I didn't succeed to use VS2012 because of error "LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER'" related to Leadwerks.lib (don't know if I'm the only getting this error, but since I have also VC++2010 installed then I'm currently using it for LE), so I had two choice: go back to the old VS2010 or change project properties/general/platform toolset to "Visual Studio 2010 (v100)".

As soon as you succeed to compile the project in Visual Studio you will be able to run from LE editor too.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

I may be wrong but in Leadwerks, if you go to Game > Debug, instead of Game > Run it may work.

I get a "failed to run C:\.... " error whenever I try Game > Run, but it run's with Game > Debug.

I haven't investigated resolving the game > run issue to much though.

It's worth noting the popup box doesn't display any errors/warnings even when failing to load.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

Yes I missed the vs 2012 part. I didnt try too hard getting it working, but I didnt manage to. So I downloaded 2010 and it was fine.

With the game run issue, you need to compile in visual studio under debug and release modes. In vs there should be the option in a dropdown to change between them.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Stuck again sad.png It seems i keep running into this error where the 'system cannot find the specified file'. The file is always the debug.exe on whatever project I open. This happens when i try to Build in Debug but not in Release using VS 2010. It also happens when i try to run it from LeadWerks. Building the solution in Release yields a successful build but I run into problems where , for instance, I did a simple program tutorial that creates a window with a box in it. The window appears but no box. Does this have to do with where the files are stored? As in an issue with the E: and C: drives?

This is the output when running in Release after a successful build. This is the Box program where no box appears in the window

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'E:\Leadwerks\Projects\Tutorial2\Tutorial2.exe', Binary was not built with debug information.

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\glu32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ddraw.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dciman32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenAL32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvoglv32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Wldap32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x17a0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll'

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1964) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x3d4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\propsys.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wdmaud.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ksuser.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\avrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AudioSes.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msacm32.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msacm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\midimap.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wrap_oal.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dsound.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xffc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x9e8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x15dc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1548) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x16d8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x624) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

'Tutorial2.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wrap_oal.dll'

'Tutorial2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wrap_oal.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

any (future or past) help is much appreciated wub.png

Just found this on google about the warnings, I don't think you need to worry about it.

These errors are actually warnings which have no influence in the execution of your application. They are created by using the prebuilt binaries. PDB files are basically debug packages that help your debugger dive into prebuilt dll code, when errors occur. However, since they are system specific, they cannot be supplied with prebuilt binaries.

As far as the box not appearing goes I guess check Map::Load is actually loading the map.. (start.map is added to your project from the template).

std::string mapname = System::GetProperty("map","Maps/start.map");

if(Map::Load(mapname))
{
std::cout << "map loaded" << std::endl;
}
else
{
std::cout << "map not loaded" << std::endl;
}

Other than that is the camera actually pointing at the box?

I set the camera and box to the same coordinates so I would think there would be something there besides the black screen, does it matter that i cannot build or run any of my programs from debug and only release? plus i still cannot run anything from Leadwerks, including the 'Darkness Awaits' sample. I get the 'blahblahblah/blahblah/darknessawaits.debug.exe file not found. This also pops up on Debug for VS 2010 And thank you for finding that info for me smile.png

You will need to build the DA project too even though it's a lua project, then you can run it. I think Josh stopped pre building that a little while ago.

Also if you are inside the box i don't think you would be able to see it as the polys wont be double sided.