Touch screens

ESP

Hi Guys (and Girls),

Has anyone worked out an easy to use (LUA) method for swiping the screen/gestures? I simply need to be able to display a range of textures with the user swiping to change. Any ideas? Fixed buttons are easy, swiping I'm not sure about.

Robin

Programmer , Intel Quad core, NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, Windows 7 Pro, Galaxy Tab 2 ( 7" and 10"), LE2,LE3,3DWS

Not building for tablets myself, so I don't know of any specific way. I'd just use a method that works with a mouse too.

For a mouse method I'd simply rely on MouseDown or whatever it's called in the new engine

So when the mouse is first pressed down, the scrolling is activated. The next frame the mouse is still down, so scrolling remains activated. How far it scrolls is presumably handled by the current MouseX and/or MouseY values compared against old values. Once the mouse button is released, scrolling is deactivated, and moving the mouse has no effect.

I presume there is a similar command to see if a touchscreen is being pressed. Either that or the touch screen is treated as a mouse when building for tablets.

Alternatively, you can also add an additional check. As well as simply checking if the mouse button is down, you can also check if the mouse co-ordinates are within the scrollable area. Especially if you have several scrollable areas or other fixed buttons on the screen at once

• Upvote 1

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)