UU3D uv mapping

Rick

I'm looking to do something that's probably very simple, but I have no idea how to do it :)

I'm wanting to create a wall segment. These would be segments that I could piece together to make bigger walls. Think The Sims. I'm able to easily make this in UU3D via the Create->Box and giving wall like dimensions. This seems like it creates the UV mapping also which I can export and fill out, but it would map the entire box.

My question is, how can I create 5 different materials, 1 for each side, where top/bottom share the same material as they'll both be the same color? I want this because I want a different material for the inside of the wall vs the outside of the wall. I'm going to use the subtexture shader I made so that I can have many different textures applied using the 1 material per side and take advantage of model instancing to increase performance but give a wide variety of walls.

Guest Red Ocktober

if you load the initial piece... then merge the subsequent pieces... the saved assembly will show up in Leadwerks Model Viewer with the various groups as surfaces, each assigned to their respective (textures in uu3d) as materials in Leadwerks...

the materials will have the name you assigned in uu3d and will expect a corresponding .mat file

--Mike

To do this in uu3d simply create or unwrap the model and use the face select tool to select your first side and then right click in materials and create a new one, this assigns that face to that material, do the same for the other side and then again for the top and bottom where this time you will select both faces and create new material.

If a material has already been created you can select your faces then goes to edit -> assign -> material and choose your disired material.

Then to export individually you right click your materials in the list and hide them leaving the one you want to export visible and export it so you can paint it etc.

If this is not what you were asking then I apologise :)

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d