Problems with Vehicles in Leadwerks

IceBurger

Just started using the Vehicle class in leadwerks (using vehicle.lua as a base because there isn't much information out there); however, I am experiencing some issues that I have not been able to resolve on my own.

Issue #1:

When fully stopped with the front wheels rotated, the vehicle will not accelerate. I tried to get around this by increasing the acceleration rate when the vehicle is going slow and turning. My solution doesn't work too well and often will have the car going faster than it should or still not moving. Also, the vehicle does not want to move with "heavy" tires.

Issue #2:

Leadwerks seems to expect the vehicles to be positioned on the Z axis. It was a bit annoying rotate my model 90 degrees and re-export, but not too big of a deal. I just feel this should be a written condition somewhere, if it is to exist.

Issue #3:

I'm just wondering what all the values mean. Like what does "Spring Damping" do or what scale is it on. Is acceleration just some arbitrary multiplier or is it a unit measurement?

I'd be happy to hear from anyone that knows something about the Vehicle class :)

i now hate love C++

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep~~This is a test of the emergency signature system~~Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep

RX 6800XT | i5-13600KF | 32GB DDR5 | 1440p is perfect