MouseX Int Problem

Benton

Hey guys,

I know this is not the right forum, but I have not yet payed for Leadwerks, I am getting my funds in order, and I just have a quick question. I want to see if MouseX and MouseY are more or less then a number.

if MouseX > 1 then

However it says I cannot compare a function with an integer.

How can I do this in LUA?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

In what context are you using this - what for?

By the way posting here is fine! I have leadwerks yet I still use the general discussion mostly.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

In onUpdate. I want to know where the mouse is on the screen, because depending on where it is something needs to happen. Oh, and how do I do concatenation in Lua?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

Actually a better question is: MouseX and MouseY are "functions" and I can't do concatenation and all that stuff with them cause they are not integers or strings. So what do I do?

The answer is in the error message: 'cannot compare a function with an integer'. You are trying to compare the function and not its value, you need the brackets after the function name:

if MouseX() > 1

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++