Map data loss

Rick

Has anyone experienced map data loss before? I opened up my scene I've been working with for a month or so and the terrain doesn't show up and some camera_nodes I had aren't there anymore. A bunch of character and static models are still there though.

The only thing I did differently was set Daimour's start.lua file to the editor last night but it was on a blank map. Then this morning information I notice this.

Looking at the sbx file I don't see a terrain section in there anymore but I still see mapname_alpha.dds and mapname_height.raw files. I don't have a recent backup of this map so I'm guessing I'm screwed and have to manually do this over huh sad.png This sucks.

[EDIT] Actually the more I look at it the more I notice it's just 1 section that's still there while the others are not. :)

I've been in this file with no changes for about 3 weeks now. I'm using Lua so I run my game through the editor for testing. So there is just no way I deleted the terrain and a very specific set of models from my scene. I had a forest of trees in one area and all but 1 lonely tree stands. I had a starting area and that's gone. I had 1 area way up top a mtn area and all of that is still there. Very strange indeed. I've never had that happen with the editor before.

Maybe the file lost some data, it could happen. If this is the first time, then I don't think it is something to worry about.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

sorry for your loss Rick, i understand what pain it is when you worked hard in editor and have to do it again.

i try to keep always a copy of my "sbx" as soon as i can if i made a lot of changes...

strange thing though

AMD Ryzen 5900HX - Nvidia RTX 3070 - 32 Go - 1To SSD - W11