• smokeTrailsMinAmount
    • smokeTrailsMaxAmount
    • smokeTrailsMinHeight
    • smoketrailsMaxHeight
    • fireBallMinSize
    • fireBallMaxSize
    • blastWaveRadius

[*]Add 4 particles

• Smoke trails (light grey. the amount should be random as well as its height )
    • fire balls (big slower, red, yellow)
    • dark black smoke
    • Blast wave (circular direction, short and white)

[*]Ad a heat haze (not familiar with it further)

[*]Get All objects in its range that have dynamic physics.

[*]Calculate the distance per object and divide the damage variable with it.

• Apply the calculation value as a force from the explosion direction to the object

I do not have any experience with it, but thats how I would start. biggrin.png good luck

gta-iv-screens-5.jpg

I don't know what the best result is.

Blast wave: I don't know if it is difficult to create an emitter that has a circular direction force. (ellipsoid I believe). Maybe someone else has experience with this.

The heat haze: Maybe a small sphere with a translucent/heathaze shader (Like in the C++ tutorial) that quickly expands. It goes so fast that a player can not see that it is just a sphere with a transparancy texture on it.

Maybe you could do a similar thing to make the blast wave, with a white transparent (squashed) sphere that quickly expands so it is like a disc. That would be one way to do it.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

I'd used an animated billboard for the main explosion effect when I developed my destructible objects which works reasonably well. The animated sequence I used was not very high quality but it proved the point. You could mix in some nice particle effects for extra effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2DDSbw0_V8

I like Aggror's idea of using a heat haze shader to simulate a blast wave, I think that would look very effective!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Hmm I don't know why the emitter crash my FPS down.I have an emitter with 100 Particles and when I stand near of it my FPS goes from 100 to 30 .

The explanation for that is fairly simple. The more pixels of your screen are covered by the emitters particles, the more pixels need to be calculated using alpha blending. Means the pixelshader has to do alpha blending calculations on more pixels -> more shader code to execute -> less performance.

I hope that sheds some light on this smile.png

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

And another question about the framework.For making heat haze I have to get the lightbuffer and set it to the material.I know that the Framework renderer has a lightbuffer ,so it render the lights not in the backbuffer,but I don't know how to get them.

I hope somebody can help me ;D

You can use the tag property and just set them in the material file. This is the mat file from the firepit object:

texture0="abstract::heathaze.dds"
texture1="tag::rendercolor"
texture2="tag::renderdepth"
depthmask=0
zsort=1
shader="abstract::particles.vert","abstract::particles_heathaze.frag"

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Is there a way to create a smoke trail emitter ?Because it must expand in all directions and I don't know how to make that.

Trail expanding in all directions? What could that mean?

Try to play around with "waver" parameter. It's responsible for "all directions" movement.

Oh that is nice! I would suggest maybe making the smoke trails last longer, and the fire to be darker, but I am just being picky, good work!

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D