character controller using model

dennis

Hi all,

I have a problem when I add a model to my character controller.

all animations are working but when I test everything and I look down, I can see the inside of my mesh / model...

why is this? I attached a example of what my problem is:

problem001.jpg

second:

problem002.jpg

Can someone please help me with fixing this problem? I already changed the camera's position but that doesn't work. could there be a way to make my character invisible from the inside so it could be seen from the outside (this is for multiplayer logics in singleplayer --> as crysis does when entering -devmode)

thanks in common

Cheers

Usually they don't render the main character model (in first person view) and use fake model in front of camera (only hands with weapon).

If you want show hands and legs (like in Mirror Edges), you need make special model and special animation and special working with camera for good looking from first person view.

ahaa okay, thanks... In crysis they make use of it too, if you open up the console you can run the command: "-DevMode" and then, the character becomes visible. and how this will work in multiplayer then ? is it just that my character isn't seen for me but only for my oponent?

as:

pc 1: sending coordinates + weapon + looking direction

pc 2: showing character.

cheers

Well in some games your FPS character has a body

- farcry 2

- BF3

- Crysis

If you want to be able to see your feet when you look down (personally its frustrates me when you look down and there is nothing there). Make a model that doesn't have a head and set the camera a little forward from the centre of the model. That way you will only see the front of the model and the model won't clip with the camera.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!