SetbodyForce etc???

cassius

SetBodyForce

AddBodyForce

SetBodyVelocity

Although the meaning of the above functions are selfevident I have never been sure WHEN they are needed or what they can be used for or whether to put them in main loop or not

Can someone give me some idea of different ways of using them.Thanks

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

They will be useful If physics is a part of gameplay.

Examples:

1. Picking up and levitating (carrying) crates.

2. Pushing (shooting) cannonball.

3. Kicking the ball in football /baseball / tennis.

4. Imitation of the blast wave.

5. Moving parts of machinery.

And so on...

SetBodyVelocity sets an absolute speed on a body. Use it to make a body move at a certain speed. Be careful though because setting a Y velocity of 0 will "remove" gravity's influence, which can cause an object to be suspended in mid-air

SetBodyForce applies to specified force to the body. Speed however is not constant, because an object with a large surface area suffers greater friction than an object with a smaller surface area.

AddBodyForce is the same as SetBodyForce, but it takes into account any forces already acting on the body rather than overwriting them with the new one.

In the C newton interface, the force commands can only be used during the ApplyForceAndTorque callback. I believe however in Leadwerks that these can be called at any time, because the callback is hidden from you, and these functions instead probably just update a hidden variable called something like BodyForce, which is then read in the hidden callback.

SetBodyVelocity can always be used at any time, both in Leadwerks, and in the C newton interface.

• Upvote 1

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Thanks for explanations. I have a problem with enemy controller where the controller slides backwards constantly after coming near main character and I wondered if any of the force commands were of any use with this problem. From your explanation it seems something else is causing it..I am not using any forces currently.

Do you using controllers for both NPCs and main character?

Do you moving controllers with UpdateController() function?

Don't you scale controllers? Scaling physics bodies causing problems with colliding.

I have no any problems with collided controllers. You can see it in video below.

I fixed all controller problems now exept one.After my enemy character goes through its die routine it slides across floor. Maybe I should use freeEntity on enemy controller once the character is dead.

This only happens when I move main character(player)