Combining C++ and Lua

Clackdor

So, how do I go about utilizing objects with Lua scripts that I place inside the editor? I've figured out that I can access entities using FindChild(); This lets me position the entities and manipulate them in that manner. How would I associate them with a controller or access the animations written in the .lua file associated with the .gmf.

Specifically, I am talking about zaphos' skeleton models. They are my favorite toy right now. It's the first truely complex model I've incorporated into my game. Until now, I have been using the editor to carve out a static scene and then adding all of my dynamic content via C++. This has the unfortunate drawback of making me re-write all of the code in C++ that was already written in Lua. Any other models I've imported, I've had to write code for anyway, so I did it in C++.

BP lua = GetLuaState();
lua_pushobject(lua, fw);
lua_setglobal(lua, "fw");
lua_pop(lua,1);

and so if there is an object that you load in C++ that you want to access in LUA you need to set it as global

SetGlobalObject(object);

Now all your LUA code should work when you load the model in c++ or via LoadScene().

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!