terrain visibility

Dozz

attached is a screenshot of whats happening

1) I open the editor & make a terrain with standard setting [ 1024 x 1024, 2m / tile ]

2) then apply desert_smoothsand in texture 1 [ it shows whats happening better ]

3) then set visibility outer radius & paint

if I unpaint the visibility with CTRL then it shows the terrain again

if it helps, I'm using a G73 laptop with ATI mobility 5870, which I do not update the drivers often,

"if it aint broke, don't fix it". could this be my problem?

thanks

Dozz

...and the screenshotpost-1816-0-81610300-1325525283_thumb.jpg

My driver is the latest from AMD, catalyst 11.9. It is identical to the anomaly in the link you posted, but it only happens when i try setting visibility. Maybe AMD have re-introduced this glitch in their latest drivers? I can work round it for now, wait for next driver

I think you may be mis-understanding visibility (or I am misunderstanding you).

1. Visibility in your screenshot is to make "holes" in the terrain for caves or underground areas. You would usually place a model here for your character to enter. If you don't, he just falls through the world. IE, a basement in a structure that you enter from ground level would have the terrain removed inside the building.

2. The first terrain texture is automatically painted EVERYWHERE. You need to paint over it with other textures instead of trying to make it invisible somewhere.