Framewerk

Niosop

I already posted this at Josh's blog, but here is what I did.

I made a copy of "postfilter_ssao.frag" and renamed it as "postfilter_adjust_ssao.frag". The application now starts fine, but when I exit I get the following message:

null_framewerk.jpg

Also, all lights in the editor got their color reset to black, and changing any of their their values don't affect them. :D

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

I already posted this at Josh's blog, but here is what I did.

I made a copy of "postfilter_ssao.frag" and renamed it as "postfilter_adjust_ssao.frag". The application now starts fine, but when I exit I get the following message:

null_framewerk.jpg

Also, all lights in the editor got their color reset to black, and changing any of their their values don't affect them. :D

There seems to be missing shaders from the .pak file that is being downloaded. Can it be confirmed that the new shaders.pak has been upped or are we just getting the old one?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Well after a little fiddling to coax the errors in the log these appear to be some of the missing shaders.

Error: Shader file "abstract::postfilter_adjust_bloom_ssao_hdr.frag" not found.
Error: Shader file "abstract::postfilter_adjust_bloom_hdr.frag" not found.
Error: Shader file "abstract::postfilter_adjust_hdr.frag" not found.
Error: Shader file "abstract::postfilter_adjust.frag" not found.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

oh yes! the others I had turned off ;) Has Josh updated the shaders.pak yet?

not as far as I know.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Mack, any ideas on the "null framewerk" message? (besides reporting there's a null framewerk, ahahahah :D).

edit:hahaha, question was for Marleys Ghost and my automatic set it to "Mack-mode" hahahah ;)

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Mack, any ideas on the "null framewerk" message? (besides reporting there's a null framewerk, ahahahah ;)).

eh, i can't speak for the c++ program you are using... but in my bmax program i am not doing any postprocessing at the moment and i don't get that error. If you remove (or comment out) all of the postprocessing (not just turn it off) it should remove your reliance on these shaders for the moment. Im sure Josh will upload the new shader pack once he gets up.

postprocessing might not be the correct term... i am referring to commenting out stuff like hdr, ssao, bloom, etc... that you set with framewerk.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

eh, i can't speak for the c++ program you are using... but in my bmax program i am not doing any postprocessing at the moment and i don't get that error. If you remove (or comment out) all of the postprocessing (not just turn it off) it should remove your reliance on these shaders for the moment. Im sure Josh will upload the new shader pack once he gets up.

postprocessing might not be the correct term... i am referring to commenting out stuff like hdr, ssao, bloom, etc... that you set with framewerk.

Nope tried that you end up with:

Error: Shader file "abstract::postfilter_adjust.frag" not found.

not sure what its for or trying to do or where to turn it off.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

weird.. i don't get that error in bmax.

bloomin Bmax users .... oh wait ;) ... I am just waiting for confirmation regards the shaders.pak no point tinkering yet until then.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

@Mack: (and this time it's not on automatic question mode). Have you got some bmx sample code using framewerk? Similar to Marleys' scene loading example. I'd like to give it a try in blitzmax. ;)

@Mack: (and this time it's not on automatic question mode). Have you got some bmx sample code using framewerk? Similar to Marleys' scene loading example. I'd like to give it a try in blitzmax. ;)

never mind... i see that you have bmx... give me one second and i will forward the code to you as a PM

macklebee's channel

anybody else having any luck with this? so far i have been having errors and crashes... and it looks like its pointing to shader issues... I have done a clean install 3 times now and still have the same problem. Has the new shader.pak been uploaded yet?

macklebee's channel

anybody else having any luck with this? so far i have been having errors and crashes... and it looks like its pointing to shader issues... I have done a clean install 3 times now and still have the same problem. Has the new shader.pak been uploaded yet?

Not as far as I know Mack, I did an update, a forced update and installed to a different HDD and new folder but its still the same shaders.pak

I was hoping someone in the know would say yay or nay that this is the problem and the new shaders.pak had not been upped by mistake.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

As far I know those *_adjust.* shader files have never been published yet, and even I don't have them, but Framewerk uses them. Josh just needs to upload them to the sync.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

As far I know those *_adjust.* shader files have never been published yet, and even I don't have them, but Framewerk uses them. Josh just needs to upload them to the sync.

yes, i am thinking that this might be the issue thats causing me to get my error in bmax as well as the errors everyone is getting in c++. The only difference is in bmax it doesn't show those shaders trying to be loaded. So I don't know if that means the bmx framewerk has been updated? but in any case whenever I get an error it says its in Josh's ShaderReference.bmx file. This occurs if I load a firepit into my scene. If I don't do that then I don't get errors, but then also emitters do not work.

People have been posting about the shader issue since last night. Either a fix or at least some recognition from Josh that he is working on the problem would be nice, because as things stand the new update has LE broken right now.

macklebee's channel

yes, i am thinking that this might be the issue thats causing me to get my error in bmax as well as the errors everyone is getting in c++. The only difference is in bmax it doesn't show those shaders trying to be loaded. So I don't know if that means the bmx framewerk has been updated? but in any case whenever I get an error it says its in Josh's ShaderReference.bmx file. This occurs if I load a firepit into my scene. If I don't do that then I don't get errors, but then also emitters do not work.

People have been posting about the shader issue since last night. Either a fix or at least some recognition from Josh that he is working on the problem would be nice, because as things stand the new update has LE broken right now.

well other than Lumoojas comment, nothing. I am starting to think "shaders" have beome a taboo subject. But like you said LE is currently broken, and there has been no acknowledgement of the fact. Which seems "very odd". Maybe its just us few who are trying to do things outside of the Editor?

I refuse to tinker to get things working only to find out it all needs to be put back the way it was if the shaders fix this. A simple framework program taking out all calls to PostPFX should work, not throw a shader error and crash. I am certain its the root cause of many of the issues if not all of them. I won't even try and compile the Bmax mods until I am sure.

Will have to wait and see I guess ^_^

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Even things in the editor are not working as they should. Try opening a previously created sbx that's got point lights in them; select one of them and check its color. It will be defaulted to black, and changing it to another color won't do anything, nor does changing its intensity ^_^ Omly range seems to be working fine. I hope Josh has noticed this and tries to fix it soon. We became spoiled with the previous editor and framewerk, lol! ;)

Until Josh has uploaded the new shaders.pak, you can disable the _adjust shaders in Framewerk by searching for the line in Renderer.cpp which says postfiltername = "_adjust" and replace it with postfiltername = ""

Until Josh has uploaded the new shaders.pak, you can disable the _adjust shaders in Framewerk by searching for the line in Renderer.cpp which says postfiltername = "_adjust" and replace it with postfiltername = ""

I dont suppose there is an ETA on the new shaders.pak? until its upped I have just rolled back for now. As I said there is no point tinkering to try and get things working only to find out it all needs to be put back the way it was.

I am assuming of course Josh is aware of this as there has been no acknowledgement?

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

You don't need to put anything back, since when Josh uploads the new shaders.pak, your Renderer.cpp will be returned to the original version also (when you run the installer).

You don't need to put anything back, since when Josh uploads the new shaders.pak, your Renderer.cpp will be returned to the original version also (when you run the installer).

if it was something as simple as him uploading the shaders.pak, i would assume it would have been done by now... between simple functionality not working in the editor to programs crashing now that worked two days ago, this points to something more than just a shader problem... but without some kind of ackowledgement from the only person that knows what is going on, who can really say what the issue is or how long its going to take or how exactly the stuff you are working on right now is going to be affected by whatever it takes to fix the problems...

macklebee's channel