Delphi LE2 components alpha 0.3

Wchris

The following attached files contain a small unfinihed half playable demo of a minigame (work in progress) written in delphi

including source code of component set LEVCLPACK + LEVCLREG for delphi XE2 (works with starter edition too)

I have temporarily stopped support for lazarus/freepascal since I don't know how to write a property editor for lazarus and I needed a custom one.

this is an alpha release, component set is not complete nor debugged, but some things start to work like collisons events, joints, mousepick event, third person camera.

plenty of thing to do :

- test camera mode change

- test leveling system

- parenting

nothing is definitive yet in design. but by default properties only work for intial level start values. You must rely on LE command set at runtime.

Components act as handlers for scene objects.

I plan to make a simple minigame where you takeoff on a platform and must land on another one.

edit : abstractpath is set to C:\Leadwerks\DEMOLEVCL so maybe you must use the same directory to run the demo

post-44-0-47845400-1323870556_thumb.jpg

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

Great to see Delphi still being used. It's great you work on this! :P

Hi Ywa ! I will never drop delphi :P

Just updated the demo, now you can use the up arrow key to activate the boosters and the left/rgight arrow keys to circle the camera around the lander. (the 7 followers will have to re-download, sorry, but first version was probably dispointing you could not interract).

Now I'll have to find some kind of interface to manipulate the stabilizers ...

Just curious everyone, how many fps do you get and what config do you have ? I get 45 fps.

(I forgot to disable vsync so you'll caped to 60fps)

Cheers

Chris

post-44-0-37128600-1324067135_thumb.jpg

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Okay I have made some progress so I updated everything.

The components now handle better keyboard and mouse inputs.

Added experimental mouse wheel support, but could not get it to work well sofar.

Added parenting.

What makes me the most happy is the game progress !

Now I can safely land B)

This was my biggest concern... How to make landing and ship control possible while keeping everything easy.

My solution was to add a stabilizer system that restores ship noze up. You just have to click on the ship's main body.

Now you can also activate the boosters individualy and get additionnal power to turn. But remember you're not an airplane, you have no wings. once horizontal you fall down ... and thats when the stabilisers are usefull, by clicking on the main body to restore vertical orientation.

You can also use the little pulsating jets on top, by hovering them or clicking them to rotate at no fuel cost. But they are really tricky to use.

here's a screenshot

post-44-0-72087700-1324397334_thumb.jpg

I also want to say a big "thank you" again to klepo2 for his day/night cycle and give him credit ;)

Still many things to do if I want to finish my minigame before end of the week (and hopefully before LE3)

- create assets for landing pads.

- configure a more destructible lander

- add explosions

- add sounds

- check for landing

- better instruments display

My biggest concern is "check for landing". How will I know the ship has landed on his 4 feets ? Is there a way to check if bodies came to rest ? Maybe check feet colision ?

Now I'll think about it and try to find a solution. If you've got an idea how to do it, you're welcome :)

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

• 3 weeks later...

Do a simple ray trace? If it collides something, check with what the distance is.

I'm stuck with another problem. (and I have no more holidays)

I have modeled three landing pads and a control tower. but when i want to position my lander (by code) on pad 1 before game starts it falls down and rebounds. I tryed to lower world gravity with setworlgravity(Vec3(0,1,0)), but the engIne just ignores it. I'll have to find a workaround, maybe lower object mass.

secondary problems are the lander feets enter into the pad. I suspect a problem with the .phy.

and third issue, when i use getentityposition on the landing pad and do a setentityposition of my lander to that position I'm not centered on the pad. Maybe my objects center is not correct, will have to look into uu3d if I can fix this there.

Also i'm playing with my Christmas gifts now .... but I'll return into my code soon :)

Cheers

Chris

Windows 7 home - 32 bits