First Leadwerks project

MeltingPlastic

Hello All! I've been lurking around the forums for a long time now - (reading blogs etc), And I thought I would post on what I've been using the evaluation kit for:

The Following video is a proof of concept for using blocks as a construction tool for building dynamic structures that can interact with each other.

Its written in BlitzMax and uses an oct-tree structure for the 2 block-groups. in this video the stairs is one block-group and the structure on top is another block-group. the blocks in each structure are then grouped to form "chunks" that are used for larger meshes and rigid-bodies.

Hey that's really impressive mate! Nice work. How does it distinguish between two block groups when you're creating them? Do you push a button to finish editing the first group and move on to the next?

Programmer, Modeller

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.5GHz | GeForce 480 GTX | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Premium x64

Visual Studio 2008 | Photoshop CS3 | Maya 2009

Also noticed the textures attempt to scale during merging. How does that work?

well each block-group holds a list of "chunks" which are defined as rectangular groups of blocks, these are formed by an algorithm that searches through all blocks in the block-group. I run that algorithm if a block is added, or removed from the block-group. once the chunks are created, I assign simple scaled cube mesh's to the dimensions of each chunk (these meshes could have their textures scaled back to hide the effect - but i kept them to show a peek of whats going on. These chunks also have rectangular rigid bodies affiliated with them as well.

I should note that the stairs in this video is also a dynamic set of jointed rigid bodies even though it doesn't move much in the vid :lol: .