Getting the Lua state

Laurens

Hi guys,

I am trying to get CEGUI to play nice with Leadwerks' already opened Lua state:

byte* lua = GetLuaState();
_ceguiScriptModule = CEGUI::LuaScriptModule::create(lua);

but this doesn't fly. CEGUI is expecting a lua_State object and not a byte pointer. Is there any way I can get an actual lua_State from Leadwerks?

Thanks!

Well it's compiling now, but it won't run:

_ceguiScriptModule = &CEGUI::LuaScriptModule::create(reinterpret_cast<lua_State*> (lua));

The application failed with exit code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).

This could indicate that no required .dll was found in the PATH.

I suspect I cannot cast the lua state from Leadwerks and pass it to CEGUI the way I am doing because I do have CEGUILuaScriptModule_d on the path and there seem to be no other scripting-related DLL's in the archive.

I've asked on the CEGUI forum what DLL's to actually include so I can rule that out though: http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5794

Well, appearantly I was missing both lua_d.dll and tolua++_d.dll from my path but I was unable to find any documentation on that. Anyway, now I can hand CEGUI Leadwerks' lua_State but now Leadwerks crashes on running the first script. I guess these two aren't meant to be. I already asked on the CEGUI forum but I'd like to hear from you guys as well, would there be any objection against having multiple Lua states open at the same time?